Monday, October 18, 2010

October Weekend

The weekend started off with a Birthday Bang! It was Lover's 30th, and I and his friends arranged for him to enjoy a delicious BBQ joint and an outing to Dark Manor (cue scary fog music) in Norwich. On top of this, we got him a racing package to launch himself around a speedway in a Nascar stock car. Yay for Lover!

Saturday was a day to spend in the shop, working on the set for the upcoming play "Curtains". The students and I worked on painting waves and a steamboat. This set is crazy! I've never seen Curtains, and I am told it is a play about a bad play and a murder. Okay, I'm up for it.

Afterward, I finished my comission for the Collarfuls. When I get a scan back from Louise at Katart Graphics, I will post it here to show everyone. It is a mix of my illustrative style and Chagall. (The client is a big fan of Chagall.) Plus, I worked further on the third book I am illustrating for my favorite client, Kathy Walsh. I still haven't posted illustrations from the first two books, but they'll be up some time soon. I have been so busy!

On Sunday, I arose early to pick up my sister and drive with Lover to meet some friends at Lovers Leap State Park. It's been a long time since I used to hang out there regularly, and a lot of the foundations in the area have toppled and eroded. It's still an awesome place with a beautiful view of the river. We had our dogs, the air was cool, the leaves have turned, and the sun shone brightly. Perfect.

Oh! I almost forgot! Lover and I stopped to pick up pumpkins! I can't wait to carve them next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment