Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hanumanasana


I practiced on the mat today, moving from Baddha Konasana to Supta Virasana to Hanumanasana (pictured above, though I am not so pliable) and ending in Tadasana. It's my one of my resolutions to achieve the true form of Hanumanasana, and in the meantime build a regular habit of yoga practice. I like that yoga is always a practice, and never a performance.

I worked further on my scarf for Lover - a simple stockinette stitch alternating between a chocolate brown merino yarn and a reddish mahogany-colored merino yarn. My sister stayed for the night and we made popcorn and put in "Hook," reliving our favorite parts of a kick-ass movie. All this after our very fun PJs and Pancakes Party.

Hanumanasana is all about careful positioning, stretching, and balance. I have a feeling this will be a pattern for 2012. A balance of play and work, creativity and mundania, fuzzy rabbit slippers and polished dress shoes. I will continue to stretch in my position at work, and I will stretch myself as a creative and artist. The positioning will be all about my time management and to-dos.

Here's to us, and our ability to stretch and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment