Monday, January 2, 2012

Croissants and Kayaks

Hello 2012, Day 2! My sister spent the weekend with us, and this morning we three indulged in chocolate croissants from Trader Joe's. Though I am getting back into eating clean, I made the decision to have these since they've been sitting in our freezer for months and they needed to go. I hate wasting food, so the next best thing was to share it with two of my favorite people on the planet.


There was some work to be done. I am putting together the annual report for my placement organization. Then, after running some errands (including buying a new mechanical pencil, a new sketchbook, and sumi ink for my bamboo pen) we drove my sister home. We took our truck because...


The kayak was coming home with us! My mother won the kayak in a raffle months ago, and I was more excited about her winning it than she was! She decided obviously I was the bigger kayak enthusiast, so as of Christmas Day, she gifted the kayak to me. Isn't she wonderful? Lover will be investing in his own kayak so we can explore the nearby waterways together. I am so excited!

I made baked apple breakfast cake topped with blueberry muesli for our PJs and Pancakes Party (happened yesterday), and I tried it for the first time tonight! It was scrumptious, and healthy, made with buckwheat flour, apples, cinnamon, and only two tablespoons of brown sugar.


I also sketched out a pencil drawing to be filled in with ink. January is Pen & Ink month, so I hope to put in a lot of hours exploring this medium.

How about you? How's the post-holiday transition into a new calendar year?

2 comments:

  1. What a great gift ~ the kayak! I'm sure you will enjoy it And how cool your mom won it in a raffle!

    Hope you're having fun pen-n-inking!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rose! I hope to get further into my art this year - one of my good intentions! :)

      BTW - I saw your post on your afghan - it is BEAUTIFUL, and so colorful! I showed some of my knitting friends and they loved it!

      Delete