Saturday, February 9, 2013

Seed Order! Part 4

I ordered from an entirely new company for me - Kitazawa Seed Co. I am a big fan of Asian cuisine, so getting to order from this company was a pleasure.

 Kosaitai - This is a flowering brassica. You can eat the leaves, the purple stems, and the yellow flowers. It is best planted as a late summer to fall crop. It is very similar to bok choy in taste.


Siam Queen Thai Basil - This is a gorgeous basil with an intense licorice flavor and aroma. I am growing it mostly out of curiosity, to be honest.

Langkuri - This is another type of basil with a sweeter, milder flavor than Siam Queen. It flowers later in the season, bringing on a longer harvest.

Hojiso Perilla - A red and green shiso. Shiso is used for coloring, pickling, garnishing, and seasoning in Japanese cuisine. It's also useful for wraps and even sushi.

Okame Spinach - This spinach is slow to bolt, as it tolerates hot and dry conditions. Perfect for summer! Can't wait to eat this stuff!

Upland Cress - This cress has a mild, peppery taste. Lover and I love peppery leaves. This is a spring and fall crop.

Large Leaf Sorrel - I love the lemony taste of sorrel. I ran out of sorrel seeds, and ordered more. This year, I want to try sorrel soup. I think it's great to add to salads and stir-fires.

That's it for Kitazawa Seed Co!

No comments:

Post a Comment