Sunday, February 17, 2013

Lovin' the Home Life

I love small, daily projects around the house. Every morning, I must tend to these darling little seedlings.



Tomatoes, peppers, cabbage, broccoli, thyme, cumin, rosemary, artichokes, onions, kohlrabi, cauliflower, celeriac, strawberries, and ground cherries are germinating and sprouting beneath the glow of T5 high output flourescents.



I check on them again in the afternoon. The tomato and pepper seed trays are sitting on heat mats. The rest are simply warmed by the glow of the lights. The set-up is in the basement, so this is the only light they get. The lights are on a timer that turns on at 6 am and turns off at 10 pm.



I feed and check the water for Quadrapus every morning.



She joins me in the evening if I get the chance to sit down and work on my crochet projects or other artsy doings.
I also get to take care of this little guy! Aleister is a leopard gecko and a new addition to our menagerie. He's very lively, and very cute!



I have to feed and water the chickens, too. And I get this in return: 9 eggs in one day!



Then, there is watering all the houseplants! The jasmine has started blooming. The scent of this pretty vine hangs in the air of our living room.



There are multiple plants all over the house: herbs, a lime tree, an avocado tree, an african violet, a spider plant, stevia, bamboo, and pothos in the kitchen; a peace lily, two orchids, the jasmine, a palm, amaryllis, holiday cactus, and a terrarium of tiny plants in the living room, and; an assortment of succulents, wandering jew, pothos, and spider plants in the studio.



Oh! What's that?



LoL. These big angora monsters love to jump up and climb all over the sofa. Wicket is the brown, and Blackula is the grey.



Bunnies! At some point, their fiber will get processed and we'll be able to use it for knitting and crocheting projects!



Of course, there's no forgetting the apple of my eye, who needs to be fed twice a day and snuggled at night.



Yeah, I'd say the home life is pretty sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment