Tuesday, February 12, 2013

For the Niece

As I mentioned before, my brother got married. He and his wife are expecting a baby girl this May! I decided this was the opportunity to get out the crochet hook and try out that old hobby. I used this pattern from Aesthetic Nest for the baby afghan.


It took two and a half skeins each of Encore Chunky pale blue and Encore Chunky pale pink. I also used two skeins of Encore Worsted fuschia. The pattern is super chunky and warm. I crocheted one blanket over a couple nights, and then I unraveled it, and crocheted it again in one day! (I felt the first attempt wasn't quite put together as well.)


 I had plenty of extra yarn, so I made a hat using the Best Baby Cloche pattern. It was a challenge to start the ring, but I unraveled it several times and kept at it until I got it right.


The back:



Then, I still had more yarn, so using this pattern, I made baby booties!




Aren't they sweet? I think they are kind of my favorite. Crocheting has been a great way to relax and decompress. A single baby bootie took me less than an hour to create, so it certainly helps to give me a sense of accomplishment also! These patterns were all great as beginner projects, so it was a fantastic way to get back into the swing of this craft.

I think the whole package is darling, and that my new little niece will be quite comfortable. Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment