Sunday, February 10, 2013

Seed Order! Part 5!

This was the last of my online seed orders (in the latest rash of orders). I am trying a new supplier, Totally Tomatoes. I am, like, totally excited. :-p

 Mexico Midget - I love this teeny-tiny cherry tomato. It packs a lot of flavor! Last year, I tried Sweet Pea Currant tomatoes as my tiny tomato crop, and I vastly prefer this little guy. One plant is all I need, as they are very prolific. Popping one of these in your mouth is like having a tangy, fruity tomato explosion on your tongue. I cannot recommend this variety enough!

Yellow Stuffer Tomato - I was excited about trying a stuffing tomato, then I realized I had received seeds for two types already at the Gayla Trail workshop! As you can see, the cavity of this stuffer is fairly hollow, so you don't have to spend a lot of time scooping out innards. From Gayla, I got zapotec pink and green zebra. With these yellows, it'll look awesome! And, I can test them all out, and move forward with a favorite stuffing tomato for the years to come.

Sungold Hybrid - This is one of the few hybrid vegetables I will grow. I don't grow a lot of hybrids because I can't collect seeds for the following year. But these babies are a delicious type of cherry tomato. Imagine if summer had a flavor - I feel like these sun-kissed beauties would be it. Between these and the Mexico Midgets, I feel like my cherry tomato needs are met. (Yet, I do order new varieties each year just to try things - can't help myself!)

That was it for my order from Totally Tomatoes. What are your favorite kind of tomatoes?

No comments:

Post a Comment