Monday, January 16, 2012

Food Craze

Tonight I baked a pumpkin and started making pumpkin puree! I plan on making banana pumpkin protein muffins, pumpkin smoothies, slow cooker pumpkin soup, and pumpkin pie chia pudding!


I've also been enjoying making lunches with my bento box. 1. Romaine lettuce, egg, avocado, tomato (Mexico Midgets from my garden) and a container of lite soy sauce. 2. Quinoa with black beans, bell pepper, salsa, and Greek yogurt (great sub for sour cream!). 3. Steamed tofu, snap peas, potato, and the little container holds a mixture of soy sauce, peanut butter, and sriracha.


This weekend, I:

*put books up in our new shelves
*bought a ton of blueberries and blackberries (I want to make these blackberry protein mini-cheesecakes)
*had a blast following 45 min of Zumba videos on YouTube!
*sat down and wrote some ideas out for a book
*bought new workout clothes - black and teal pants with a teal jacket
*hung out with another awesome couple - we tried out Bon Appetit Cafe and Creperie, and the food was amazing! I had ratatouille in a buckwheat crepe followed by a flambee (La Salidou - apples in a wheat crepe with caramel salted butter, vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, and Chantilly)
*penned in a new drawing
*pored through seed catalogs with a good friend to pick out some new varieties to grow this season!
*got my first copy of Yoga Journal! I used to have a subscription in my early twenties, but I forgot to renew, and then finally got around to just picking it up again last month
*read more of "Savor: Mindful Eating, Mindful Life" by Thich Nhat Hanh
*baked Blueberry Baked Oatmeal and Apple Breakfast Cake - both nutritious and delicious!




Today was MLK Day of Service with Public Allies - there's a post coming up soon! Hope your weekend was productive or restful - whichever you need it to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment