Thursday, December 22, 2011

Poetry Slam Turned Open Mic Night

I wish I had taken pictures.

I didn't. But our Teen Poetry Slam morphed into an intergenerational open mic. I think it was for the best. The folks who joined us - several teenagers, and a few adults - seemed to feel a creative camaraderie that begged the question, "will this become a regular occurrence?"

I don't see why not.

I'll be writing a letter to my executive director tomorrow reporting on our success.I'll recommend that we cultivate a creative following, a bimonthly open mic event in collaboration with the city library that will attract new people, which will introduce our organization to even more of the city's population.

I'm thinking this is the way to go. Low cost, low key, and multiple layers of benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment