Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Family Wedding


My brother got married to his girlfriend Heather. They are expecting a baby in May! They are super excited and very much in love. (I can't wait to test out my crocheting skills on a sweet baby blanket.) Also, it was awesome to be able to spend an entire weekend with my Maine relatives.


We stayed at my aunt's house outside of Portland. My dad and my grandparents live ten minutes from her. My sister was up from Missouri to celebrate. My three great aunts attended the wedding.






I'm so glad that I am reconnecting with all of these family members who I pretty much ignored through some years. I was caught up with my day to day life and forgot how much I enjoyed their company. My paternal grandparents are extremely kind, with quirky humor senses. My aunt is unabashedly a crazy kind of fun. My sister and brother, on this side, grew up almost without me. There were a few visits, and they didn't always go well. As adults, we've let these things go, and found ways to connect. My great aunts and their children are always pleasant to spend time with.

Also, another great joy in visiting Maine is the landscape. I love the stretches of pine forests littered with marshes and the occasional field. I get absorbed in the shades of green and brown. I keep my eyes peeled for moose and other creatures. It has a restorative effect on my mind.

Another good weekend. How was yours?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment