Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Time with a Friend

A good friend of mine of many years came to visit me. "Kitty" is a vivacious and iconic figure on a certain city's bar scene with her wild leopard print outfits and hubcap purse. (I kid you not, the thing is made of license plates sandwiched between two hubcaps.) Her body is all sharp angles and hard muscle, and she hugs like a bear. Those of us in the know brace ourselves for potential injury with every point of contact. ;)


Lover and I gave Kitty a tour of the downtown area, and then hit the bar for dinner and drinks. She told me about the goings-on in my old stomping grounds - what bar had closed, the dramas that ensued, who was doing what, who had moved where, and so on. We got back to my place and lit the firepit, continuing to  reminisce on old adventures, and talk about our current happenings in life. We spent hours into the night gabbing by the fire's glow, dreaming, scheming, and tending new and old wounds with our talk. Kitty spent the night. The next day I dropped her off at the train station, yielding to another bear hug and a lot of promises to see each other again soon.

Isn't it wonderful to see old friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment