Tuesday, June 19, 2012

With Gratitude



Today was a productive day, despite feeling restless with a lot of pent up energy. Seriously, I was jumping and dancing around between tasks throughout my day.

I did get to do some work in the plot my friend Liz and I share at the community garden. We planted more corn, spaghetti squash, cinderella pumpkins, gourds, sugar pumpkins, and marigolds. I had to lift twelve bags of manure and carry it quite a distance, but I love manual labor some days. I love standing over a well-tended plot with a water hose, a good friend standing beside me as we chat about what's going on in our lives. I have so much to be thankful for.

Lover had started dinner when I got home - he had sauteed onions, garlic, and soyrizo, and put in marinara sauce. I added sauteed mushrooms, bell pepper, swiss chard, and radish greens. All over whole wheat pasta, and we had quite the meal. Again, I have so much to be thankful for.

Which brings me to the main activity of my evening - thank you cards. Between Public Allies, GBAPP, and Soroptimist, I have had quite the year, and so many people helped me get through it by providing support, guidance, encouragement, opportunities, and challenges. I was in a store the other day buying up the prettiest thank you cards. Tonight, I carefully lettered each with personal messages in ballpoint pen.

Life is awesome when you really live it. When you are really present for the connections, the moments, and the people who play a role in your life. I hope I always remember to live my life with gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment