Sunday, November 7, 2010

Whacky Weekend

What a weekend! I got out of professional development trainings in New Haven on Friday to come home and prep my paintings for hanging in a show - fixing frames and attaching hooks and wires. The site of our show, Uncensored: Women in the Arts, was happening in Wilton on Saturday and the artist hanging was Friday night.I was there for two and a half hours! I had good conversation with an old friend and ex, and Malai circled happily about our feet.

Lover and I then went out and enjoyed a beer, bumping into acquaintances and making time for a crossword. We are a pair of cruciverbalists! Total nerds at the bar.

 Love it.

Saturday morning I got up and finished a painting. That's right. It was a 3' x 3' painting, and I painted it up right quick, showered, dressed, and headed for the show. With the painting. Set it up on an easel and was good to go!

The show was exquisite, filled with SOH's (and by that, I mean Sapient, Obstreperous, Hoydens!). Talented artists and photographers, a great space, and amazing performers - we had a singer/songwriter, a classical guitarist who rocked the house (classically, of course), some great bands, and a solo pianist/singer! The audio and visual smorgasbord attracted quite the turnout. Who could ask for more?

And a big THANKS to Jen and Sony for putting it all together!

(Some of us ran out real quick for sushi - I love my bffs Angelica and Katty (who was the one classically rocking the house), and also thanks to Stone for traveling all the way he did to see the show!)

Sunday was a day of in and out in beautiful weather as Lover and I ran errands. I have found myself loving New England more and more. You just can't beat the beauty of fall in zone 5. The leaves are swirling over the roads in breezes, and the light leaping across the maidengrass and the autumn sun reflected in the water - I become enthralled.

Anyway, we got a spiffy new comforter to brighten up the bedroom a little bit, a new doormat (seen below with my furry child Malai who slightly resembles a pig),



some winter decorations (they're penguins with skis and sleds),


a new fish tank for the six lovelies that have been cramped in the tank with the Halloween crabs (google Halloween crabs and find some amusement),





 and some other stuff. We also enjoyed ourselves doing some window shopping in downtown Westport, and splitting a gourmet cupcake and a couple of mochas.

We finished the evening with dinner with Lover's parents, and their really spunky new dog, Lucky. Malai and Lucky aren't friends yet since Malai is socially retarded...and so is Lucky, but he's still a puppy. Anyway, Lucky's outgoing and friendly, excitable nature combined with jumpy puppy impulses doesn't do it for my shy little Malai.  

Oh, and more exciting news! I ordered a vermicomposter online! I've been wanting to make one, but after reading this guy's article, I decided to just order one, and I will instead build the outdoor compost bin. I get the bin, the red wigglers, and the book "Worms Eat My Garbage" next week!

Okay, I think I have posted quite enough! Have a great week everyone!

[Edit: see a video of the new fish tank/fountain!]

No comments:

Post a Comment