Sunday, January 20, 2013

Crochet Obsession

Today was fantastic. I made blueberry pancakes with a special "made with Maine blueberries" mix gifted to me by my brother and his new wife. They went with our "suburban-fresh" eggs and sliced banana.

They've discovered they are having a girl, and so I have started a baby blanket. The yarn is soft and machine washable, and the colors are baby blue, pale pink, and fuchsia. I'm using a pattern that is super chunky and warm. I think I'll have enough fuchsia leftover to make a baby hat and maybe even a pair of matching booties.



I love knitting, but for these projects I am bringing back crochet. I haven't done it in YEARS, so it took some finagling to get the kinesthetic memory in my hands going. Now I'm on fire!



I wish I had taken pictures of all the projects I have finished in the past and given away. I just never seem to remember to do it! I'm going to be better about it now, because I have definitely done some beautiful patterns that deserve to be highlighted.

The pattern for the above baby blanket can be found here, for anyone looking to begin crocheting (it's definitely a great project for a beginner), or to hook up a really quick and easy blanket for a new little human. I LOVE the colors she used for her blanket.

You can also take a look at my Pinterest board Needlecraft for some more ideas on yarn and sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment