Monday, March 7, 2011

Weekly Wrap-Up, Mar 7

The gears have been turning in my head...which doesn't always translate to action. I have a lot going on, so I am motivating myself to step it up! The Public Allies Team Service Project is kicking into high gear - March and April are it!!! GBAPP is having its City Kidz Got Skillz event in late May - and I am the lead organizer. Also, the GBAPP website is getting revamped, and I am responsible for the content. I am looking for summer employment, as GBAPP has asked me to come back for a second year in the Public Allies program - woot! But, this means figuring out income for the time between June and September. Also, I have plans for opening an online store. And gardening season is arriving! Yikes!


  1. In other news, yesterday was Otter the Quadrapus' first birthday. It was a wonderful excuse for Lover and I to indulge in ice cream sandwiches. 
  2. I finished designing the invitation for the "Bridgeport Beautifies" kick-off! The event is for our partners and our volunteers. I am super excited!
  3. I worked on revamping my resume and writing a cover letter for a potential summer job position. It's kind of agonizing.
  4. I had carnivorous plant seeds germinating in the fridge for six weeks, and I finally switched them over to a pot in the windowsill. I'm not sure this is going to work, but I am willing to try.
  5. I face painted at the CT NOFA Winter Conference in Manchester! What a great conference filled with workshops and superb vendors. I met a beekeeper and spent some time discussing his self-built hive and way of keeping bees. Can't wait to try it for myself!
 In lesser news, I finished reading the StrengthsFinder book assigned to us in Public Allies. It read like a large infomercial for the StrengthsFinder test, but the test results are fun, as they often are. My highlighted strengths were:
  • Maximizer (someone who focuses on assets and pushes ahead even in the light of mistakes or failure), 
  • Positivity (someone who encourages others and helps to keep the situation in a positive light), 
  • Input (someone who researches and organizes information),
  • Intellecter (a person who enjoys reading theory, philosophy, and intellectual discussions) and 
  • Learner (a person who absorbs new information and enjoys learning and applying new skills). 
That pretty much sums me up when it comes to work.

How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment