Friday, August 5, 2011

Where Have I Been?

Hello! I have not forgotten this blog. July was a busy month! I spent a week in California even after the long weekend at Lake Tahoe. I have been training for the Warrior Dash (I've lost six pounds and an inch off my waist!) which is next weekend! I have been working for MYO AmeriCorps, and I have been in and out of the garden.


Pictured here are purple podded pole beans, Mascara lettuce, sorrel, Sylvetta arugula, swiss chard, a Russian Pickling cucumber, and French Breakfast and Scarlet Globe radishes. I've also picked a carnival pepper and a bunch of jalapenos. Tomatoes are soon to turn, and the eggplant is about ready to be picked. The corn is growing, the zucchini is fruiting, and the pumpkin vine is growing like crazy. 

Tomorrow I plan on planting more snap peas, bush beans, carrots, radishes, brassicas, beets, and lettuces. After a 5k run, and some delicious breakfast! I also bought a pink phlox, a blue and purple delphinium, two blue fescue grasses, and two containers of sempervivum. So, to the vegetable and flower gardens for tomorrow. It's been a long time since I had a free weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment