Saturday, March 23, 2013

For the Nephew

Fiance's sister is having her second baby boy in two or three weeks.


I made this hat using the Bulky Baby Hat pattern, and then appliqued the chick.


Here it is with the Done in a Jiffy baby blanket I whipped up for the new arrival. While the hat was simple to make, I did have to unravel the first hat I made as it was too big. The recommended size crochet hook in the pattern contributed to the size, so I went a full mm down in crochet hooks. This hat is perfect for a newborn.



The blanket was a really simple pattern, but the yarn I used, Lion Brand's "Baby's First Yarn" (in honeybee, which is NOT showing its real color here - it's a warm and buttery yellow), has a tendency to fray. I'm going to go over the frays with Alene's, but I'll test it in the washing machine before I give it to mom.


And here's the stitch up close - I think it's really lovely.


So, that's one for the nephew, and one for the niece! The next blanket coming up is for a cousin's baby. So many babies this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment