Sunday, December 19, 2010

Salient Sunday, Dec 19

Highlights of the Past Week!

1.) PARTIES! Saturday night was a holiday party hop as we drove from one party in Monroe to another in New Milford and ended at the last in Danbury. Monroe Party was hosted by some of Lover's friends, who wined and dined and chatted. New Milford Party was a relaxing stop with my Borders Crew, and was graciously hosted by Vinny and Kristen. (Shout out to the Borders Crew!) Danbury Party is a theme party that happens every year, hosted by my friend Kevin. This year's theme was "Xmas in Las Vegas," and people got dressed up in outrageous costumes as they always do (there were at least two Elvis', some burlesque dancers, and call girls). Gambling occurred in one corner, a crowded bar in another, games in the front, and dancing by the jukebox. Each party was special and filled with special people! ;)

2.) Sister Sleepover! My little sister (she's taller than me, though) slept over and we played Dragon Age before doing some gift shopping. We both love RPGs! Lover grumbled over the terrible graphics, but Sis and I can look beyond and get into the storylines. 'Cuz we're cool like that.



3.) Dinner with the 'Rents. The Mothership and her fiance came down to our place to see our totally cool lights on the house and our perfect holiday tree (we also call it the Xmas Tree, the Solstice Pine, and the Hanukkah Bush). Then we went out to eat in Fairfield to Centro, an Italian place that lets you draw on the table with crayons. Crayons FTW!



4.) Cards. The cards printed with my illustration came! I lettered about 80 cards for friends and family to be sent out in the mail. It took a long time, but I really enjoyed it!

5.) Shopping for Gifts. I am one of those people that will slowly start to shop for the holiday in mid-November, and then quickly finish it up at the last second. And I can't wait to give them away!

Cheers to everyone! Feel free to share your highlights with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment