Sunday, December 12, 2010

Salient Sunday

Highlights of the week:

1.) The Bust Magazine 2010 Craftacular! Over 300 vendors with handmade and upcycled items. I got to see Mei-Ling and peruse her shop Twitch and Whiskers, and I accidentally bumped into Amy Sedaris' table. I got some ideas for gift-making, and Lover and I did some walking around in the City.

2.) I went with Lover and his parents to find a tree. We found our tree, and his parents found their tree, and celebration followed over lunch and drinks. Then Lover and I spent the evening decorating the tree and playing video games. We glued googly eyes to the star. Tree win!



3.) Continuous Learning Day (part of the AmeriCorps Public Allies program) happened in Bridgeport, and we got to learn more about the legislative process and how lobbyists and advocates come into the arena to introduce and fight for bills to pass. It's intense, and I'm even more intrigued about bills and policies.

4.) The Bridgeport Public Allies team had their Community Conversation, in which we received really constructive feedback to help inform our team service project. I'm really looking forward to seeing it happen.

5.) I finished my painting for a holiday card to send out to family and friends. I'll post it here after I send it out. Happy Holidays, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment