Sunday, May 22, 2011

Count Your Blessings, foo'.



Inspired by my good friend over at Daily Dose of Diva, I am reminded to count my blessings. This dreary weather can get me in a down mood. A week of rain and gray skies! There are some additional pressures, but I'm going to stick with blaming the weather for right now.

The blessings:
  • I have a brain. It allows me to absorb and synthesize new information, recall good times, and regulate all motor functions. Gotta love that.
  • I'm with this guy. He's funny, extremely smart, very supportive, and he challenges me. We have a wonderful partnership and share a home with our strange, furry kids. 
  • The kids. Malai, the chihuahua, and Quadrapus, the Munchkin cat.
  • The pets. The snake, the fish, the cherry shrimp, and the composting red wigglers.
  • I have a beautiful start to a garden, with the help of some good people. I am making a healthy choice to grow my own food and to grow it organically with heirloom varieties.
  • I have artistic skill and plenty of supplies.
  • My car had to stay overnight at the shop recently. The bill ended up being $750.37. I am grateful that I had the wherewithal to save money and be able to pay the bill. I am grateful to have a running car.
  • I am grateful for my job, and for the two future positions I have been offered. 
  • I am grateful for access to a gorgeous 400 acre farm, and friends who live or party there.
That's enough blessings from me for now. What are you grateful for?

3 comments:

  1. I love Eva's … positive glow, too. She *is* a beacon of positive attitude for all who choose to acknowledge it. You too, syster-womyn!

    I'm noticing a trend too … that such light seems to often be accompanied by a grand sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They say humor is the best coping mechanism. I think friendship is good for humor. And for friendship, I am grateful to have both you and Eva in my life. :)

    ReplyDelete