Sunday, May 1, 2011

Earthplace in Westport

Lover and I visited the Westport Nature Center and cruised its trails. I've decided to start learning the manual settings on my camera, and Lover is helping me out. First practice shots:



Don't these fiddleheads look gigantic? They're actually the size of a half-dollar. Does anyone under twenty know what a half-dollar looks like?

Also, we came across this guy:






And, then, this guy:




He was alone, but he was a sight to behold. I walked one way, and Lover went looking around in another. I don't think he realized he became part of the photo shoot.





Oh! Now he's looking! Unfortunately, the only pic I got of this male in full-feathered array was blurry:




But he was quite the model, anyway.

So then we continued, and came upon a bog. 




I love turtles! Lover then pointed out this:


Can you guess what all those little black dots are?


If you said tadpoles, you are correct!


These guys were newly emerged. There were hundreds!

Next up, we saw another turkey:





This one didn't stick around for pictures, though. So, onward we walked, until we came upon Lover's favorite tree.





Big tree. While we stood, we were interrupted by noises in the brush.





There are two in the photo above, but in all there were five deer watching us.



Can you see three deer in the pic below?



 Ah, I love spring days in the forest. The green is well on its way.


No comments:

Post a Comment