Monday, May 9, 2011

Treading on Trafficking - Week 1

It was my first week to complete Tread on Trafficking. I pledged 12 miles of running, three 45-minute sessions of weight lifting, and 1 hour of biking per week for eight weeks to raise awareness and money for Love146's fight against child sex slavery and exploitation.

This week I was sponsored for $218.00. Thank you so much to Rachel and Dave for their contributions! I have a goal of $500.00. If you'd like to help prevent human trafficking, please visit my page and donate!

So, let's see how I did for Week 1 of 8.
  • Sunday - Nothing
  • Monday - 3 mile run on treadmill
  •                 45-minute session weight lifting
  •                 (added bonus - 30 minute walk after dinner)
  • Tuesday - Nothing, due to a long meeting.
  • Wednesday - 3 mile run on treadmill
  •                      45-minute session weight lifting
  • Thursday - Zumba! 45 minutes
  •                   3 mile run on treadmill
  • Friday - 3 mile run on treadmill
  •              45-minute session weight lifting
  • Saturday - My plan was to bike. But my bike was not up to par. :(   So instead I did 2 hours of yardwork in my yard and in a friend's. 

So, that was it! 12 miles and three 45-minute workout sessions. I also went for walks, and joined Zumba just for fun!

You can join and be Treader, too! Just check out the link above!

No comments:

Post a Comment