Thursday, April 21, 2011

April Aprons

The sparrows have finally discovered the bird feeder in the kitchen window. In these months our only visitor has been Charlie. He likes to shovel fistfuls of birdseed down his squirrel-y gullet.


The sparrows aren't the only competition in town. I noticed another squirrel, this one scrappy looking and skinny, has been making a mess at the feeder recently. I've named her Ratface.


In the rush of spring fever, I have been pulling out unfinished projects and deciding which to trash and which to complete. I have begun knitting a pair of purple, finger-less gloves that I had started years ago. I also found this fabulous fabric I had purchased for an apron I never made.





I got out a pattern and the scissors last night and cut the pattern pieces out. I ironed out the fabric, and now I am prepared for tonight's step: cutting the fabric according to the pattern and pinning pieces together.

Two months ago, I had sewn a garden apron. I promised pics, and now here they be!





Perfect for carrying tools when I am out planting, weeding, and harvesting all summer long!

Have you made anything? Got an old project that you're beginning anew? Don't mind squirrels at the bird feeder? Leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment