Monday, April 18, 2011

Spring Cleaning and Dinner

Sunday, Lover and I spent an hour in the kitchen cleaning. We put tag sale items in a box, filled two garbage bags (there was a lot of random junk in drawers and in cabinets), and organized the rest. Now, our counters are clear, we have a lot of room in the cabinets, and cooking is all the more pleasant.

In celebration, we invited friends for dinner. We whipped up a meat-free meat loaf, mashed potatoes, and sesame green bean salad. The green bean salad was a hit, but the recipe we used for the mashed potatoes was lacking in flavor. The meat-free meat loaf wasn't Lover's cup of tea due to the crunchiness of the walnuts, but I and our guests enjoyed it.

The recipe for the loaf is in this book:
It's one of my favorite vegetarian books to cook from!

Aside from that, I've picked out a new pattern for a kitchen apron, and feel almost ready to hit the studio with a spring cleaning. I want to set it up so it's easier for me to get to work on new creations, take photos, and share them here with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment